Once winter begins to recede and you see the overall condition of your lawn and landscaping, you may quickly realize you're in need of a spring cleanup. Spring cleanups are very beneficial for lawns in Columbia, Waterloo, Millstadt, and nearby areas of Illinois.
Learn four reasons why you should schedule a spring cleanup now for your yard.
1. Spring cleanups clear your lawn of any debris, leaving it open to absorb nutrients.
During winter, winds and snow may bring down extra leaves and tree branches into your lawn. Leaving those to rest on your grass can end up causing dead patches in your lawn, as the underlying grass won't be open to absorb nutrients such as air, water, and light. While a spring cleanup is going on, that debris will be cleared from your lawn and hauled away.
2. Your shrubs, bushes, and ornamental grasses are trimmed and prepped for the growing season.
Spring cleanups aren't just for your lawn. They also help prepare your landscape plants for the upcoming growing season. Shrubs and bushes are trimmed or pruned depending on their needs, and ornamental grasses are cut down to curb any overgrowth. Routine trimming and pruning help to shape your plants and keep them healthy by removing any dead or dying branches that could potentially weaken the plant, making it more susceptible to plant disease.
3. A fresh application of mulch ensures your landscape beds and soil will be protected.
In spring, it's recommended to put in a fresh application of mulch. Mulch should be replenished annually so that landscape beds and soil can get the most benefits from mulching. The benefits of mulch include:
- Erosion prevention: Mulch helps keep your soil in place, which ensures the soil you've fertilized will not wash away.
- Soil insulation: A 2"-3" layer of mulch also insulates your soil from any extreme temperature changes and can help protect roots from any issues.
- Moisture retention: In the heat of summer, moisture can quickly evaporate from your landscape beds unless a layer of mulch is there to stop it. Mulch retains that moisture so your plants can absorb it.
We also remove any leaves and other debris from your landscape beds so they look clean and polished.
4. A pre-emergent application of Snapshot weed control helps prevent weeds from growing in your landscape beds.
Applying pre-emergent weed control is another way to protect landscape beds. Included in a spring yard cleanup, this application of Snapshot helps to keep pesky weeds out of your landscaping so they don't steal nutrients that your landscape shrubs and plants need to thrive during the growing season.
Looking for a spring yard cleanup at your property in Columbia, IL? Call our company today.
At Linnemann Lawn Care & Landscaping, we are a provider of spring yard cleanup services for residential and commercial properties located in Columbia, Waterloo, Millstadt, and the surrounding cities in Illinois. If you're looking for a spring cleanup, please give us a call today at (618) 939-4769 or fill out and submit our online contact form!