1. A well cared for lawns can significantly increase the property value of a home.
2. A healthy lawn is very important to our environment. A 50-foot by 50-foot lawn produces enough oxygen for a family of four.
3. Lawns cool the atmosphere. Four average lawns have the cooling effect of 70 tons of air conditioning, which is enough for 16 average homes.
4. Do not overwater. Watering your lawn should almost never be done daily. Overwatering causes shallow roots, nutrient loss, disease-susceptibility and severe problems with weeds. Ideally, a lawn should receive one to two inches of water per week with the soil saturated to a depth of four to six inches.
5. The 1/3 Rule – Every time your lawn is mowed no more than 1/3 of the grass plant should be cut. If not mowed often enough the grass plant is stunned and the root system stops growing.
Check here for important information on lawn care and landscaping in Columbia, IL and the nearby areas!