As the owner of Linnemann Lawn Care & Landscaping, I stay very busy running my business but during my downtime, I love to cook on my Big Green Egg! I have perfected this St. Louis style BBQ rib recipe over many years and the outcome is always outstanding. These ribs are perfectly tender, finger-lickin' good, and relatively easy to smoke!
- Remove ribs from the refrigerator and bring up to room temp. Let sit out approx. 30-45 min.
- On the back side of the ribs, remove the membrane or silver skin. Tip: Using a paper towel to grip the membrane and pull often helps.
- Slather ribs everywhere with a very thin coat of yellow mustard.
- Generously, apply your favorite bbq rub, on both sides of the ribs…and don’t forget the sides of the ribs! My 3 favorite rubs are either EAT Barbeque by Pellet Envy, Harvest Moon Original Rub or BBQ Madman Rub.
- Place ribs on smoker for 2 hours at 250-275 degrees uncovered. This will allow a nice smoke ring and bark to develop.
- Pull ribs off smoker and wrap in butcher paper or foil. Place back on smoker for 1 hour. This will help with tenderness!
- Pull ribs back off smoker and unwrap. Season ribs again with a light coat of rub and place back on the smoker for 1 hour, uncovered.
- Lastly, sauce ribs with your favorite bbq sauce for the last 30 min. My favorite BBQ sauce is Blues Hog Original mixed 50% with Blues Hog Tennessee Red Sauce 50%.
Total cook time is approximately 4-4.5 hours.